2. Februar 2012

Dreams Come True!!...

...and you start to believe in eternal justice when suddenly your polish lemmings fall on your head. So happened to me recently, when I unexpectedly got China Glaze Frosty from Sonidlo. Since last Christmas (LOL I just found Sona's post in December 2010 and me commenting that I love this polish) I was slobbering over Frosty and Party Hearty having no idea how to get them, but now that I do I'm happy : )

Frosty is a white shimmer polish, totally winter shade. However, it's pretty tricky, too: if you are lucky, you will get "frozen" or "Snow White" nails, if not - red lobster hands. I was lucky in real life, but my camera decided to play some bad joke and was giving me crimson fingers, so I had hard times with shooting the photos. Oh, I'll be fair, the application was neither so easy: I needed 3 coats to get the VNL covered, and I wouldn't say Frosty dries super fast. But I was aware of it because I read so many reviews before : ) Shall we see the polish?





Actually I did some snowy-themed stamping too, but it turned out waaaaay too subtle. One can barely see it:




No doubt, Frosty is one the winter-friendly polishes ever but...no idea why, I want to try it in summer on tanned hands.. : ) Just as an experiment. 

19 Kommentare:

  1. I wanted this nail polish too when the collection came out, but I ended up with party hearty, jolly holly and phat santa :P great too! I actually loved the stamping now please, proceed to das experiment :P ***

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I understand you soo well! You got a nice haul of this collection though! :)

      Löschen
  2. Red lobster hands :DD I like your stamping :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It is so pretty and I love the subtle stamping!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Antworten
    1. Thank you!! Actually I wouldn't survive if it didn't suit the colour of my skin or smth like that!! :))

      Löschen
  5. I love this polish (still on my wishlist) it reminds me of a P2 one I have <3 Love the subtle stamping too xoxo

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad we have similar taste :) You mean P2 Divine (found it on your blog)? Looks pretty similar to Frosty, but the latter is more opaque I guess..

      Löschen
  6. I quite like the subtle stamping you did!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) In the end I started to think that it actually looks nice and doesn't draw away attention from the beauty of the polish :)

      Löschen
  7. I like the shimmer in it but I stay away from colors like this because my hands looks too red but on you it is perfection

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Yes, I know that whites give many people the "lobster hands look", but fortunately it's not so bad in my case. Maybe you should try wearing whites when your hands are tanned? :)

      Löschen