30. Oktober 2013

Nevskiye Berega 2013: Part II + Pool Party

About a month ago (Sep 26-27) I attended the 2d beauty fair in my life :) I'm sure that you have read about my first experience already, and this time it was the same fair - Nevskiye Berega - it turned out to be biannual!  The difference between the spring and autumn fair is only the size - the autumn one was smaller. Some brands/companies were missing, eg. Color Club, Essie, El Corazon etc. So below I'll just post some pics of the newly seen things, otherwise you can see my full report on the spring fair here

First to mention - Dare To Wear polishes. Reeeeaaally attractive colour palette for me :)


And the DTW crackles, although I don't really like crackle polishes.


Zinger: this brand is quite wide-spread in Russia due to their manicure/pedicure accessories. Now they produce polishes too, quite nice looking. I got a great clean-up brush from their stand :) 


Krimle: "American line" they say, but are they in reality? I don't think so.


POSH: never heard of this brand. But it was the only stand they were trying to kick me out from because I was taking pictures. Hmm hmm.


CM Polishes: same here, no idea what they are, but looking boring, don't they? :)


Random brands: I only remember IT Girl. Never tried it though.


What did I grab? Even though I was less enthusiastic than the last time, I got 3 polishes: an old lemming of mine - Dare To Wear Kiss The Rain and 2 China babies (Pool Party and Shocking Pink) that were on sale for 2EUR each :)


A whole roll of lint-free pads, nail wheels and a curls forming gel. I'm a curly girl, yeah :{


Manicure correction brush (Zinger), a new Konad m89 plate and two things that work wonders: Cuccio Nail Whitening Paste (all bloggers have the yellow nails problem I reckon) and a buffing (!!!) and sealing nail file. The latter is actually made of steel (!!!) and I could hardly believe it works, being afraid to apply it for the 1st time even... but it's magic, believe me!


Can't let you go before I show one of the polishes I got, sorry :D Both of them were a spontaneous grab, I think I was in need of extra bright colours. So here it is, now one of the brightest of my whole stash - China Glaze Pool Party:

China Glaze Pool Party

China Glaze Pool Party

Coral/orange neon crelly would be the description, and the name.. it's rather a fire brigade party. Hot as hell and so SO SOOO in your face you can't imagine!!! Notice that it's a neon, but I still think that my camera did a good job on reflecting the colour. Beware, I've seen a lot of "weird" and "wrong" swatches on the web. The shade still worked its wonder, and namely the autumn colour therapy - I did like this polish as a result, even despite its application. 

China Glaze Pool Party

China Glaze Pool Party

What's with the application? Well, it's awful: you'll need 3 to 4 coats to cover all the bald spots. Don't forget about the top coat, because the initial finish is like neon rubber - no gloss at all.

Close-up, although it was not any necessary: 

China Glaze Pool Party

China Glaze Pool Party

I think I'll stop here. Do you buy a lot on beauty fairs? :)

6 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, it's like you went to nail polish heaven, it must have been quite amazing :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Exactly!! I just wish the prices were a biiiit lower, especially on American nail polish brands :{

      Löschen
  2. I've only been once so for now no :) I really like pool party although I haven't bought it yet :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I bought Pool Party by accident, hehe :) Just wanted some bright spots in the dull autumn days :)

      Löschen
  3. That beauty fair looks amazing!
    We have some in Portugal as well, and I have a blast each time. lol
    Love Pool Party! Looks gorgeous on your nails.

    Séfèrys Bolg | Séfèrys Channel | Séfèrys Fan Page | Instagram

    AntwortenLöschen