20. April 2014

Halo

Spontaneous polish purchases are something that I don't do that often any more - for stash control purposes. Swatches of every shade are thoroughly scrutinised by me in an attempt to conclude whether I really want this polish or not. All the above did not refer to Orly Halo which I bought simply because I liked it on a nail wheel in a store. Oh, and it was on discount, too ;)

Orly Halo

Orly Halo is a transparent base full of golden glitter and bigger silver hexagones. It took me some time to realize that they are actually silver - and this is where the secret of this polish is hidden. Silver counterplays with gold, and all the thing glimmering - a nice effect is created overall. Now I can justify my spontaneous purchase - the shade was interesting enough to be in my stash :)

Orly Halo

Orly Halo

The application was ok, it's just the polish is quite transparent, so I needed 3 coats. I also covered it with a top coat, and it became even more shiny. Never seen halos, but they definitely could look like that :) 

Orly Halo

And my attempts to make the close-up shots. Uff I need a better camera... but just to describe it in 3 words: glitter, glitter, glitter. Me happy :)

Orly Halo

Orly Halo

I have a weird but persistent idea to mattify it.. it either will kill all the beauty or will make it look different but cool. What do you think?

17 Kommentare:

  1. It's beautiful - and would work well with underwear too!
    And as for the mattifying - I'm sure that would be gorgeous too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! Ok, now I have to try 2 things with this polish: layering and matte :)

      Löschen
  2. i think it will look cool matte as well! lovely shade!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! You think? Hmm something tells me you are right! :)

      Löschen
  3. какой классный глиттер!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. That story sounds familiar - I buy very few polishes nowadays. I read so many nail blogs that I feel like I have them all, LOL...I've gotten really picky with nail polishes - and buy a nail polish only if it's really unique and I don't have nothing similar. Quality over quantity :-)

    I think it'll probably look more like a sand texture... Won't hurt to try - especially after you have worn it for a couple of days :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Quality over quantity is the best approach :) there are so many beautiful bottles in this world so I sometimes have really difficult time convincing myself I don't need another bottle because I have some (3-5 lol) similar ones. And of course I'll never buy shades that initially dislike (on me): browns, duochromes etc. Gold sand should look nice after all, so I'll definitely try it :)

      Löschen
  5. I like this one!
    I should really do some stash control as well :/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha, stash control is always the plan! Rather unimplementable :)

      Löschen
  6. Holly mother of glitter's. This is a fantastic polish!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ahhaha you made my day with that expression! Thanks! :)

      Löschen
  7. It looks so interesting! Yes, layering seems like a good idea too! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen