7. Oktober 2012

Blue Matte Glitter

Sometimes I think I don't play with my matte top coat often enough.. So I decided to change that and made a simple glitter matte manicure, the one you see below:

glitter matte

But I wanted to show also how I reached this look. First, I started out with 2 coats of OPTIMA polish (nameless, numberless), a medium-blue frosty shade. Frosty! What was I thinking when buying it?! Obviously, "oh, a new polish brand detected! Let's check it out!". This checking out turned out to be an epic fail buy : {

OPTIMA nail polish smalto

OPTIMA nail polish smalto

OPTIMA nail polish smalto

Ewh, just look at that streaky finish. It neither works ok with stamping, so with a cold heart I just sold it on ebay a couple of days ago. Probably because I wanted to get rid of this yucky finish so desperately, I covered it with NYC Lights, Camera, Glitter!. This magic baby can always make things prettier. It did, in a way, in this case too:
NYC Lights Camera Glitter

NYC Lights Camera Glitter

NYC Lights Camera Glitter

But even that was not enough. So I topped all that with Essie Matte About You, and only after that I was totally satisfied : )

glitter matte

glitter matte

Do you have any bias against frosty finish? Or it is what you like? :)

22 Kommentare:

  1. I like that glitter polish very much! And I am surprised what the matte top coat can do with the result - it is so pretty!
    Btw, I love frosty polishes :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, I noticed that you are showing frosty polishes every now and then, obviously you like them more than I do :) And you are right - matte top coat can work miracles :)))

      Löschen
  2. Hummmmmmm, I will get my frost polishes out of the helmer soon!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, really? :) Don't you mind this streaky finish? Now I know why they still release them :)

      Löschen
  3. У меня предубеждение, да еще какое! ))
    Результат впечатлил, совсем другой эффект и не только можно носить, но и нужно, здорово выглядит

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. У меня тоже :) Фрости не покупаю, а если появляются сами - стараюсь изгонять :) Или маскировать этот жуткий финиш)

      Löschen
  4. а мне нравится этот голубой лак даже сам по себе)) а с глиттером и матовым топом вообще потрясающе получилось!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо :) А я все недоумевала, зачем лакобренды до сих пор фрости финиш выпускают, а оказывается есть те, кому они нравятся) Буду знать)

      Löschen
  5. gorgeous combo :D
    i don't care for frosty finish :(

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks :) I don't care neither, unless it's on my nails ^^

      Löschen
  6. I like the frosty finish sometimes, but not on blue. Your manicure turned out quite awesome anyhow!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Oh, nice selectivity :) Green frosties are not any more attractive than the blues, in my opinion :)

      Löschen
  7. The final result is amazing.
    No, I'm not a fan of frosty finish, although I hae few polishes with this finish.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! Well, I have some frosties too, but I tried to get rid of them asap :)

      Löschen
  8. I usually hate frosty finish, but this one is pretty and the combo is really gorgeous. This is a mani I would definitely wear :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Really? :) Well, I mean the final result is fine, but this streaky frosty finish.. uh. How, HOW can anyone like it? :)

      Löschen
    2. I don't know I have never actually hear anyone saying that they like frosty finishes ^_^

      Löschen
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Loved the matte finish, just perfect!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) That's what I thought - matte makes it look nicer! :)

      Löschen
  10. I like it! : )
    -saranail.blogspot.com♡

    AntwortenLöschen