24. Oktober 2012

Eternal Optimist

I perfectly remember that sunny spring day - yes, old swatches again - when I felt like wearing something bright or neon, but because of a damn meeting in the ministry the most I could "afford" on my nails is a muted nude. So I chose Essie Eternal Optimist, which I personally refer to the category of "nude but not nude" polishes. 

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

What is special about this polish, is more the name than the colour. Although under "Eternal Optimist" I would more envisage some crazy pink neon shade, I still like it because this is exactly how my friends call me, lol. 

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

The colour, on the contrary, is not very optimistic - it's a beige-pink nude creme, and not the easiest one to work with. If you are lucky, you'll get away with 2 coats, if not - 3.

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

Moments when I like the colour of Eternal Optimist the most is when it occurs to be under the cold day light. Then it shows the drop of its purple undertone, which is so flattering for my skin tone: 

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

Essie Eternal Optimist

After a long day, when I was finally home, I decided at least to make some stamping to spoil the calmness of the colour. Here it is, done with Catrice Plum Play With Me, as far as I remember. 

konad m85

konad m85

konad m85

konad m85

Unfortunately, it turned out too subtle too, and so not matching my demand for intense colours. Well, maybe that's why I'm posting it now - when I took the pics, I didn't like this mani. Now I do. Eh, time changes everything : )

18 Kommentare:

  1. I really like it with the stamped image. I have that polish, too, and I'm not too fond of it, but the name makes me like it a bit more, haha!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Same here, Andrea! The polish is ok, but the name makes it so much better :) :)

      Löschen
  2. I don't like the color too much, but it does look super on you! I think I'd have stamped it with gold :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, thanks for the idea :) It's just I stamp everything with gold, so I decided to try other stamping colours for a change :)

      Löschen
  3. Looks good on you and love the stamping on it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Nude but not nude is a great way of describing this one - looks good on you, but I prefer it with the stamping!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks!! :)
      Well, for me the colour is nude when it matches the colour of the skin. All the rest is beige, pink, taupe.. but this is a special case, when it's so hard to describe the colour :)

      Löschen
  5. Beautiful the Essie polis and with the stamping pattern looks very chic!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I have different phases where I enjoy different colours, and I've had a nude phase... this one is just lovely and, because it's more deep and darker than common nudes, it appears more on your skin tone. Beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I have exactly these "nude period" now, but I post old swatches so that my readers wouldn't see "nude after nude" swatches in a row.. :)

      Löschen
  7. I love this polish. And it looks great against your skintone.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Danny :) Ich hab diesen Lack auch auf deinen Nägeln gesehen, sieht genauso gut aus :)

      Löschen
  8. This is a really pretty "work" color and it's good with stamping. I know the feeling when I like the mani when some time is passed, it's good that you took pictures then

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, "work colour" indeed. Sometimes I don't have time to take pics of the polish, but this time I photographed it but didn't publish until now.. other extreme :)

      Löschen
  9. Все-таки он клеееевый.... )) И я не знала, что он так на холодном свете оттенок меняет, здорово. Иногда хочется чего-то подобного, даже слишком, когда цвета переешь ))
    Штамповка красивая, это опять из тех больших платформ?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Я тоже не знала, и была этому рада) На солнце он слишком оранжевый. Штамповка это все старый добрый конад, m85 пластинка.

      Löschen