25. Dezember 2012

Christmas Nails

Since some years I celebrate Christmas twice per year - it was weird in the beginning, but then I realised that two times more wishes and Xmas dinners and pleasant moments is just better than one : ) So I'm publishing a Christmas post today too : ) 

christmas nails

For me the main Christmas colours are red, gold and a bit of green. A bit of green will follow later and today I'll stick to traditional red+gold. As a base I painted Milani Red Sparkle, a gorgeous red glitter. Very opaque - you can get away with 1 coat already (I applied 2 just for longevity). 

Milani Red Sparkle

Milani Red Sparkle dries with satin-matte effect, which I rather like. I usually wear it for a day as it is, and then add a layer of top coat. Compare the finish below... 

                                without top coat..                                              and with top coat.
Milani Red SparkleMilani Red Sparkle

I assume you see the difference : ) Covered with a top coat, this polish transforms into a completely different story: the glitter particles look as if they are lit form within - very beautiful effect. 

Milani Red Sparkle

Milani Red Sparkle

And then I decided to turn red sparkles to wrapped gifts nails by stamping them with CG 2030 and plates m59 and BM-317. Not the best result ever, but looks ok from far away : )

christmas nails

christmas nails

christmas nails

And finally, to all those who celebrate it today:

36 Kommentare:

  1. С Рождеством!! Я не знаю, какое именно из них ты празднуешь, надеюсь, что оба ))
    Аж застыла у экрана, вот эт красотища, настоящий рождественский маникюр, безумно красиво!!!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо, мне очень приятно!!! :) Так точно, я отмечаю оба уже несколько лет :) Сначало было странно, а теперь просто приятно отмечать на один праздник больше :)

      Löschen
  2. Ух ты!!! Потрясающе! Мне понравились все три варианта: самостоятельно, с топом и со стемпингом)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо!! Я рада, что вам понравилось :) Надеюсь как-нибудь стемпинг и у вас в блоге увидеть ;)

      Löschen
  3. Невероятно красиво!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. This red and gold mani I would wear any Christmas :) I only have the blue Milani glitter and I want more this one is gorgeous. I need 3 coats of top coat to completely smooth it out but it's worth it :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I do also think it was worthy ;) Have a nice and colourful year!

      Löschen
  5. Очень красиво! А какой золотой лак ты использовала? Хочу найти такой пигментированный для рисунков:) Стемпинг это вещь - очень хочу себе такое:))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо :) Золотой лак - China Glaze 2030. Все золотые (и др. цветов) хромовые лаки хороши для стемпинга, из золотых навскидку припоминаю только Эсси из недавней коллекции металликов и Барри М тоже золотой хром. Стемпинг - это прикольно :)

      Löschen
  6. Какая сушасшедшая, невероятная прелесть! Бантики и стразики - вообще чума! Я в этот раз тоже хотела что-то нарисовать, хоть полосочку какую-нибудь. Но я катастрофически не умею.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Правда-правда??? Тебе понравилось?? Я всегда думала, что ты адепт чистого цвета = накрашенных ногтей без всяких узоров.. :)

      Löschen
  7. This mani is gorgeous, your stamping is always so perfect. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Perfect mani ! Love it ! Merry Christmas (a little late, but merry christmas anyway :))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear! Merry (Eastern - as Western have already passed long ago) Christmas and a great New Year!

      Löschen
  9. Such beautiful Christmas nails!! *-*
    Love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Perfect like always!

    Bjukas! Kisses!

    www.unhasetudo.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. omg, that milani is absolutely perfect in any way <3
    we all need more than just one christmas a year ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Exactly this is why we can celebrate them both times, in December and in January ;)

      Löschen
  12. I absolutely love that Milani nail polish! I hope your Christmas was great. Mine was fantastic. I am planning my post to show my presents. And now we have to get ready for 2013 :D I hope you will have a great entry! ***

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Both Christmas and the reception of the New Year were great. I am looking forward to seeing your presents! Enjoy them! :)

      Löschen
  13. I love this polish and your Xmas mani! Totally adding this Milani to my wishlist<2

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Grazie! I think it deserves such a place in your wishlist ;)

      Löschen
  14. This design you're wearing is really brilliant and my favourite of the year. A pity I can't polish my nails because I'm a pianist and a student as well. I love your blog!! <3

    Xoxo from Singapore.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear, for your nice words! Each one has her talents and we should strive for them; this makes our exchange even more interesting. Glad for your contributions!

      Löschen