30. Dezember 2012

Top 10 Polishes of 2012

Just like last year, I decided to summarise 2012 with a rating of best nail polishes. And because I have so many to choose from, I decided to set the following to criteria: a polish must be acquired in 2012 and swatched/posted in 2012 too. That made my choice easier : ) Ok, to the rating starting from 10:

10: Pupa #715 (full post here)

Pupa 715

9: Deborah Milano Pret A Porter #13 Love At First Sight (full post here)


8: W.I.C. by Herome Bogota (full post here)


7: China Glaze Frosty (full post here)


6: China Glazy Flying Gragon (full post here)


5: Deborah Milano #60 (full post here)


4: Manhattan 07S Green Chai (full post here)


3: OPI Sparkle-icious (full post here)


2: China Glaze 2NITE (full post here)


Aaand number 1 goes toooo... Dance Legend Thermo #170! (full post here)


What is YOUR polish of the year? : )

And some more generalisations:

My stash: around 260 polishes. I try to keep modesty and not to haul everything I see. Besides, I became really picky.

Discovery of the year: Miss Cop polishes. You will see more of them soon!

Top 3 nail treatments:
- Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover (blue) has put an end to my struggle for a nice pedicure; 
- Essie Protein Base Coat has put an end to my attempts to layer capricious and sheer polishes; 
- Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer has put an end to my searching for a cheap alternative of Seche Vite.

And finally: 

26 Kommentare:

  1. really love your selection! have a nice day !

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great choices, specially love polishes from 5 down to 1. I don't have any of those, but would love to have them. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked them and I hope you'll get some of them :) :)

      Löschen
  3. That pupa blue is amazing and I definitely agree with your top two :) I think that my favorite of 2012 is Jessica Disco diva, but if you ask me in half hour I might change my mind ^_^

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! I still miss a strong silver holo like that Jessica you mentioned.. And yes, I'm also very moody about my fav polishes: one time I use a polish and swear it like hell, the other time I adore it lol

      Löschen
  4. I like the first two nail lacquers the most. Happy new year! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. You chose some really lovely polishes :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hay varios esmaltes de tu selección que me encantan, pero estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo en cuanto al vencedor... ;-)
    Feliz año nuevo! Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Me encanta que te gustan! Feliz año nuevo a tí también!! :)

      Löschen
  7. can't really pick just one... but i think i wore pastels the most - i really like white-based colors - like OPI Mod About You. don't own too many glitters but i like OPI Crown Me Already - very blingy and kind of icy - and Sparkle-icious.

    is this Essie base coat similar to Fill the Gap?

    Happy New Year to you too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey, happy new year to you too! :)
      I love white-based pastels too, but for the top 10 I was choosing the most 'interesting' polishes, i.e. glitters and holos.. I'd love to own Crown Me Already!! Essie Protein Base Coat is different from Fill the Gap.. Protein is more whitish on nails and thus works perfectly as a base for pastels. Fill the Gap is a ridge filler, and it's rather transparent.

      Löschen
  8. Какой интересный выбор лучшего! Мне много что понравилось из твоей подборки, но OPI меня завораживает.
    С Новый Годом! Самого-самого лучшего во всем! Здоровья и любви!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо! ОПИ классный, я так и не отсвотчила его как следует.. И тебя с Новым Годом!!! Всего наилучшего в грядущем году :)

      Löschen
  9. С наступающим тебя! )

    Интересная подборка, Фрости такой красаааавец! Опять захотела его ) ДЛ очень необычный.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо, и тебя с наступившим уже :) Фрости классный, обожаю его! :)

      Löschen
  10. I wish you a happy and serene 2013!!!
    Actually I can't pick a single polish representing my 2012, I wasn't even able to select a top 10 (but your idea of limiting the choice to the ones bought in 2012 is pretty good, maybe I'll use it next year) :-)
    BTW that Dance Legend Thermo is really fantastic, the color change is really amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks!! Happy new 2013 to you too!! :)
      It was hard for me to pick top 10 last year, but this year it was amazingly easy :) Dance Legend is cool, I couldn't stop watching the effect :)

      Löschen
  11. Lovelly choices!!!

    I agree with you with the Pupa, the 2Nite and I simply love the winner!!!
    I never see that brand!! Now I wanna one for me!!!

    Many kisses and have a great 2013!!!

    Gigi - www.unhasetudo.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks!! Dance Legend is a nice brand, but hard to get.. :)
      Happy new year!! Kisses!

      Löschen
  12. Dance Legend Thermo deserve the 1st place! Love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! :) Let's say Dance Legend Thermo surprised me the most this year :)

      Löschen