9. Dezember 2012

Lemon Sugar & Water Flowers

Seems like forever since I last used any type of nail decals! I don't even have a reasonable explanation to that, I was just into other stuff like stamping, layering, flocks, thermo polishes and what not.. Well, it's time to show the decals now, especially such lovely ones! 


As a base I was using Avon Lemon Sugar (sent to me by Antallex), which deserves its own story. The polish is a pastel yellow creme with quite smooth application qualities for such a texture: opaque in 2 medium coats already.

Avon Lemon Sugar

My camera TOTALLY freaked out while I was trying to shoot swatches of Lemon Sugar, so I had to resort to my NotePhone :) I'm still not sure if I managed to catch the colour correctly.. So if you see any green there - it's not, the polish is a plain pale pastel. 

Avon Lemon Sugar

Avon Lemon Sugar

And here comes the fun part: water decals from KKCenterHk! As I said, I haven't used decals for ages, and water decals for... never! So yes, it's my first experience. In theory, I always knew how they work, but I didn't think that the application process is much easier than it looks on a tutorial video. Remove the protection film, put them to soak for 30 seconds, place them wherever you plan and bam! you have cool nails : ) And top coat. Fini.

water decals KKCenterHk

I should also say I was very happy with the quality: the decals don't tear, the pattern doesn't smudge when you apply top coat, they stay forever AND - I was fearing this the most - they are easy to remove! 


My poor friends thought I actually drew all this flowers and patterns myself with a brush.. Hehe!



And the last thing: I really recommend you to have a look at KKCenterHk online store. They have lots of things for nail art and decoration, as well as make up stuff, eyelashes, eyeshadows, wigs etc etc. Aaaaand you can get 10% discount if you enter "ritterbraten" at the check-out : )

*The water decals were kindly provided by KKCenterHk PR team for my consideration. In this post I expressed my honest and unbiased opinion about the product.

20 Kommentare:

  1. What a lovely manicure! The base colour is great, and so difficult to pull out a yellow pastel to my opinion! I've never tried water decals, I might check the site you recommend and see if I decide to give it a try!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) Yellow pastels are the most tricky polishes to work with, in all senses.. :) But they are also pretty! The decals are a nice thing to try, even just for fun :)

      Löschen
  2. lovely colors, and decals are so cute :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wow! sooo beautiful :) both the yellow and the decals :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks :) Somehow I would totally imagine such a manicure on your nails :)

      Löschen
  4. That looks really cool, and that reminds me that I have a set of decals from that site to try out too :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Lemon Sugar is sooo gorgeous - and it looks very pretty with the decals on it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I've never used decals but these look so pretty, this mani reminds me of spring time so much I can't wait for winter to be over :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hehe, I'm still into winter and Christmas. Last winter we didn't have snow at all, 0, so this year I'm kinda enjoying it. And try the decals some time, you'll like working with them, it's so easy :)

      Löschen
  7. Omg, these decals are so cute. And I love, that you use them over yellow, it looks great. I've never tried water decals myself, but I'm more a free nail art girl. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you!! I know that you don't need decals, because what you paint with your hands is so much better! But there are people like me who can't really paint free-hand well.. so here come the decals :)

      Löschen
  8. А мне мне лимон белее выглядит почему-то ))
    Потрясающие переводные картинки, здорово смотрятся и впрямь на рисунок похоже. И с фоном дружат, в общем, я срочно себе пойду искать подобное

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Я сама удивилась, я думала уж чего-чего, а белого там много. А он ярче на ногтях оказался) А с наклейками мне захотелось детство вспомнить)

      Löschen
    2. Ты сильно с ним намаялась? Читала, что люди и в три слоя уложить не могли. Просто ты кажись как я, что подарено, то не ругать прилюдно, ибо не лошадь с зубами ))))

      Löschen
    3. Неа) Нормально он лег, для желтой-то пастели..) Он плешивит, но я уже на плешивящих пастелях руку набила) Ругать бы прилюдно не стала, но и неправду писать тоже, я за справедливость)

      Löschen
  9. Какое очаровательное девочковое кантри получилось! :) Очень понравился. Настроение поднимает здорово, какое-то чувство умиления при взгляде на ногти :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо! Девочковое кантри - это хорошо сказано)) Рада, что тебе понравилось.

      Löschen