3. Dezember 2012

Fluffy Nails

Yes, I finally joined the club of fluffy-nailed people : ) When this trend just appeared, I wasn't sure what to think of it, but in the end my experimental spirit won. Besides, winter is the best time to wear flocks anyways, they give a warm cosy feeling every time you look at them.   

velvet nails

Underneath, as a base colour, I'm wearing Debby ColorPlay #125, the one I bought in Hamburg together with the mysterious Miss Cop polishes. Debby ColorPlay #125 is a deep navy blue semi-jelly with some scarce shimmer (which I honestly wouldn't like to be there), great in application and opaque in 2 coats. 

Debby Colorplay 125

Debby Colorplay 125

Debby Colorplay 125

And the dark blue flocks made their way from the famous Born Pretty Store! In a set, there was a huge jar of flocking powder, tweezers to apply the flocks, and a wide brush to sweep off the excess powder. 

flocking powder

The application process was easy and fun:
- firstly I applied the base coat and the base colour polish;
- then I prepared a newspaper to prevent the mess on the table; 
- and then I applied the top coat on one of my nails, waited 20-30 seconds and plunged the nail into the container with flocks, slightly pressing against the powder. If there were still bold spots without flocks, I applied some powder with the tweezers on top of the nail, and dabbed slightly (with fingers or tweezers);
- having repeated that for all nails - remember, you have to work one by one! - I cleaned off the excess powder with a brush.

flocking powder

Voila, fluffy nails : )

velvet nails

velvet nails

fluffy nails

fluffy nails

fluffy nailsI'm totally excited about the flocking powder: it took so little work and time to create such a fun effect! I'm planning to try more flock colours in the future! Whatever you call it: "fluffy nails", "velvet nails", "sweater nails" or "furry nails" - it's a cool thing to wear sometimes! Especially if you have a matching velvet/mohair scarf or pullover, I think your friends will be intrigued : ) 

And finally, here's a coupon for 10% discount at Born Pretty Store. Check their site, apart from flocks they have a whole huge variety of different decorations, nail art tools and supplements and other nice stuff for nails! 

What do you think about fluffy velvet nails? Is this something you like or rather ew, you'd never wear it?

*The flocking powder set was kindly provided by Born Pretty Store PR team for my consideration. In this post I expressed my honest and unbiased opinion about the product.

42 Kommentare:

  1. Richtig tolle Farbe! Und der Samt-Effekt ist auch sehr hübsch!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke! :) Der Samt-Effekt fühlt sich auch sehr angenehm an, zumindest sagt so mein Freund :)

      Löschen
  2. It does look cool, but I imagine it's for a few hours use only LOL

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! Well, I wore it successfully for 2 days without the flocks falling off :)

      Löschen
  3. nice color...I really LOVE this velvet nails! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I'm quite obsessed by fluffy things at that time (I mean there are si many wonderful fluffly knits !) so I just can't but love your nails!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks!! I'm all into warm knits now too, with this weather around.. :)

      Löschen
  5. I like it! Especially the beautiful blue color you chose to use. I have not tried this method as of yet but, I hope to in the near future.

    www.paintmynailspretty.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I haven't tried that trend either, but I want to, just not now because it's summer here =)
    looks so cute on your nails!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks!
      Oh.. summer... it totally flew out of my head! And I was wondering why you are wearing all these gorgeous bright shades and glitters. Silly me :)

      Löschen
  7. I'm not sure velvet nails would survive any water contact, but It's surely a cool look for a few hours like a walk with friends (to amaze them) or for a special event. I'd give it a try :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Mari, you should try, at least once, cuz it's fun!! :) And you can wash your hands without any problems. The flocks will be wet for a minute and then they go back to normal :)

      Löschen
  8. Я думаю, что это необычно, оттолкнет большинство публики, это почти никто не понимает, кроме как на картинках, но это хоть раз в жизни хочется на себя надеть. Что смущает конкретно меня - это не ворсинки и вид небритых ногтей, это как раз нравится. А то, что у всех людей они делают с формой. Ногти становятся визуально шире, особенно на фото. Если твои, идеальные длинные пластины стали выглядеть шире, чем всегда. ТО у меня, например, будут вообще лопаты а у кого-то и кругляши-монетки ))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Так вот, что меня в этой идее смущает... Точно, ногти шире становятся. ой, не знаю, Алин.. Зачем оно тебе надо? :)

      Löschen
    2. Согласна с предыдущими ораторами)))
      Но мне ещё напоминает аппликации из детства - бархатная бумага, наклеенная на картон))))
      Но вот чего-чего, а необычности такому маникюру не занимать.

      Löschen
    3. @Antallex: Здесь ты права, но это скорее последствия мегамакрофото. На расстоянии полувытянутой руки этот эффект потолстевших ногтей исчезает, вместе с неприлипшим ворсом. А еще на них пыль собирается, вот это гораздо больший минус. Но раз в жизни мне надо было попробовать :)))

      Löschen
    4. @Miss Jones: ну так, сколько меха на них наложено :) Мне надо было хоть раз, но попробовать, в силу названия блога наверное :)) В следующий раз только на Хэллоуин)

      Löschen
    5. @Bamboo: бархатная бумага, точно!!!!!!!!!! А я голову сломала, что же оно мне напоминает! У меня в детстве даже кажется листы такого же цвета были :)

      Löschen
    6. Пыль? вот уж бы не подумала. А ведь по идее верно, ковер же на ногтях )
      Надо мне тоже на разик меха купить ))

      Löschen
    7. @Antallex: и пыль, и всякий пух, а кремом вообще мазать руки страшно) Давай я тебе отсыплю меха? У меня банка большая, там на всех хватит)

      Löschen
  9. Wow! I love this color and although I wouldn't wear this on my nails (because it's not smooth surface) it looks awesome!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. After all there are manicures we want to wear ourselves, and manicures we prefer only to enjoy on others :) I love when the surface is gritty, or in this case velvetty :)

      Löschen
  10. I'm not a huge fan of this trend, but you wear it spectacularly well! Gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Пушистые ногти) Неожиданно и непривычно) Но и прикольно! Ага, пластина как-будто больше выглядит.
    P.S. В нашем городе на меня посмотрели бы как на инопланетянина. Я второй день в нюде и топе Dance Legend (аля Полька Дотс Нубар), на работе ногти разглядывают и удивляются.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. А, вот, позитивный подход :) Спасибо, Женя! :) Я уже давно привыкла, что мои ногти разглядывают, особенно если на них конад или глиттер какой-нибудь необычный :) Консультантки в магазинах часто спрашивают, что у меня на ногтях) А пушистые ногти только пару тетечек в электричке заинтересовали, издалека вся эта конструкция выглядит просто как синий лак-матте.

      Löschen
  12. Gorgeous shade of blue and so fuzzy :) I would wear them for a short special occasion I don't see it as a regular mani that can be worn all the time

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, you liked it? I'm very glad! :D Well, I would definitely NOT wear it for an important meeting or job interview, you are right, but once in a while.. it's fun :)

      Löschen
  13. Looks really classy, but I wonder how it would look like if you apply lotion ^^ hahaha! :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hehe :) Probably greasy? I don't know, I didn't risk to try :)

      Löschen
  14. очень мило выглядит, хотя мне не всегда нравятся такие ногти!)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Мне тоже не всегда, и вообще я долго не могла определиться, нравятся они мне или нет, но попробовать все же решила :)

      Löschen
  15. I just got some bright pink flocking powder. A bit scared of it at the moment, but will attempt it anyway. You make it look so flawless :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Oh pink? How cute is that!! Looking forward to see it :) :) Don't be scared, just dab your nails in it and go ahead! :)

      Löschen