20. Oktober 2011

Zeil Avenue

In reality it is of course Fifth Avenue by China Glaze, but I was mostly walking this polish over the main shopping street of Frankfurt - Zeil. Exactly on this "avenue" I found some Deborah Lippmann polishes which I have barely seen live before, so I couldn't miss my chance to play around with them (thank heaven there were testers for each shade!). Look what I tried on: 



Honestly, I expected more from Lippmanns for such a price. Maybe I shouldn't judge from trying them on quickly in a shop, but there's no way that I can afford any DL polish in the nearest future, so until then I'll keep my "unimpressed" opinion : ) 

Much more I was satisfied with China Glaze Fifth Avenue itself: it's a cold dusty rose user- and your_office_colleagues_psychical_health-friendly polish, easy to handle and easy to wear. Although by itslef it chips from the nail tips pretty fast, with a top coat (INM, for example) it lives a long life of 5 days. Don't know, maybe even longer, I just got bored and removed it : )



Looks nice doesn't it? Lately I'm really keen on such classical although not boring (in my view) shades.. Getting older or so.. : )

8 Kommentare:

  1. Your hands and nails look so elegant!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Nice polish! Perhaps you weren't that impressed with Lippmann polishes because there isn't that much of a contrast with Fifth Avenue?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Fifth Avenue looks amazing on you! I agree that those glitters don't look too special, but maybe over some other color they would.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Шикарно! тебе очень идут такие женственные оттенки, просто прелестно выглядит. DL что-то тоже не очень впечатлили, и еще хорошо, что ты примерить можешь, а то вот так закажешь из-за бугра, а там....

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. А чем не впечатлили ДЛ, качеством или цветом/текстурой? :) Red Slippers мне понравился, как смотрится, хотя поверх черного он еще лучше был бы.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. @Biba: thank you :)

    @Viktorija: thanks, yes, I definitely should have tried them over another base colour, but that's what I had on my nails in the moment when I entered the shop.. next time I'll be wiser :)

    @hermetic: thank you! :) You are right, I should have tried them over black maybe..

    @Antallex: спасибо , это я твоих старорозовых свотчей насмотрелась, и свои достала! :) Да, ДЛ можно было в руках повертеть, хотя там и не все оттенки были. Зато у нас ни Зой, ни Орли, ни Чайны :( И ОПИ по обдираловским ценам.

    @Miss Jones: да вот не знаю, как-то не впечатлили и всё тут :) Может просто базовый цвет не очень удачный, но уж какой на руках был.. Red Sliipers я думаю надо как самостоятельный лак носить слоя так в 4, ну или да, на черный. На черном они бы все 3 выигрышнее смотрелись.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Я тебя успокою может, что у нас этого тоже ничего нет )) Я же все онлайн покупаю ))) даже просто повертеть в руках нельзя, пусть и по высоким ценам

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Fifth Ave. is one of my classics: all those dusty rose/mauve shades are great and safe :> Looks great on you, but what doesn't? :> DL's Boom Boom is a best combo!

    AntwortenLöschen