23. August 2013

Malibu Pirouette

*planned post; me discovering Athens*
Ever since I got OPI Pirouette My Whistle I was wondering which background colour to use when I will be trying it for the first time. In my head I listed all the possible combinations: over black, dark blue, lilac, and even yellow... Do you know that if you google the pics of Pirouette, you will mostly see it layered over grey? :) I really wonder why so... Anyways, I was almost ready to paint my nails black when I spotted that polish I had put out for pedicure... the teal. 

OPI Pirouette My Whistle

OPI Pirouette My Whistle

OPI Pirouette My Whistle

American Apparel Malibu Green - to be precise. I just looked at it and thought "hmm, Pirouette over teal... interesting". I tried to google such a combination, but I didn't find anything worthy. So here it is, over teal.  

OPI Pirouette My Whistle

By itself, OPI Pirouette My Whistle is small silver and larger hexagonal glitter in a transparent base. Perfect topping for many colours. The application was good as well, you just need to make sure that the hexagons are spread evenly, the small silver glitter self-evens by itself.  

OPI Pirouette My Whistle

OPI Pirouette My Whistle over teal

OPI Pirouette My Whistle over teal

Without even expecting it, I loved both the Pirouette polish and the combination! You know, if it was not for those numerous swatches on the web, I would probably never grab a bottle of Pirouette My Whistle. Also, I'm planning to try it over all kinds of different colours! Maybe you could advise me, which colour would look great as a base for the Pirouette? 
Me all ears! :)   

10 Kommentare:

  1. Ooh, it looks gorgeous over teal!
    I'd probably go for purple (of any kind; plum - lilac), of course :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! Good idea about purple, I also thought of mauve.. :)

      Löschen
  2. woooow this teal is so pretty ! and this OPI is perfect over it ! love love love ! have fun !

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I'd try red and purple :D teal was a lovely choice too :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for the idea! Red must be nice, and I also thought of pink - must be such a cute combination :)

      Löschen