7. August 2013

Water Spotted Fail

For those who miss some indecency and mess in my blog - here you are, a creepy manicure : ) You know the situation when the mani idea looks so nice in your head, and after you implement your vision, you glance at your nails and say "ewww". That was the case. Meet the great and horrible water spotted manicure : ) 

water spotted nails

If you wonder about the technique: I was using this tutorial. By the way, instead of hand sanitiser you can take whatever spray that contains alcohol. I grabbed my dad's old deodorant, I hope he never finds out, hehe. 

water spotted nail art

nails water spotted

What's wrong in here? Right, the colours. My idea was to use black over bright coral (Orly Pixy Stix), but the black didn't want to spot, so I used dark purple - Andreia #96. If in reality it was not sooo bad, on the photos it looks like splattered blood :{

water marble nails


And I don't know why, but the size of the dots varied a lot when I was spraying. It depends on the spraying intensity and distance, so I didn't learn to control all that yet. Water-created manicures are still something I have to practise in :) 

water spotted nail polish

What do you think? Gross, right? :) 

16 Kommentare:

  1. If you do not watch it with the ewww glasses on, it's actually very pretty ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Maybe you imagined this manicure differently and that's why you don't like it, but I find it really beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Natalie! :) I think you are right, I just had a completely different image in my head..

      Löschen
  3. Were s the fail honey?!
    You have to try doing t as a decal wth the ruber for stamping.
    Less a mess... lol

    Kiss,
    Z

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) I was thinking to try the splatter manicure as a decal, water spotting is not more messy than water marbling :)

      Löschen
  4. Antworten
    1. Really?? Well, thank you! I'm gonna try it in completely different shades later :)

      Löschen
  5. ok, let me be honest, it does look a little like blood lol but I love the idea of water spotted nails, and you only made me want more to try this kind of technique.
    anyways, don't be sad, with all the blood thing I still think the manicure is wearable :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for being honest, Mari ;) I'm gonna try it in different shades later and I hope I'll get a better result. Practise makes perfect :)

      Löschen
  6. This still looks pretty good to me! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What's wrong in here? Seriously? Nothing is wrong here!!!!!!! They look amazing and I love the subtle colour difference instead of pink vs black for example. And I also like that they are not perfectly the same one to the other!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hmmm you think?? Thank you, that's a totally different vision and it's inspiring!! :D

      Löschen
  8. I find this post extremely amusing - sorry! I so recognize myself in that - a mani looks one way in your head, but completely different in real life :D
    I don't think it's eew, but I think I would have liked it better with black instead of purple :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hehe, I'm so glad that you understand me :D Believe me, I tried black firstly, but it just wouldn't dissolve into the spots, I don't know why... so I had to search for alternatives, who knew that this purple would be so bright :{

      Löschen