17. Dezember 2011

Taupe Time

Rainy (! - not snowy) cold weather for the last week... What would you wear? I went for taupes. Normally I don't wear them any often, but there was one - Essie Merino Cool - peeping out of the nail polish box and complaining to be untried for ages, so I had some mercy on it. Here it is by itself:


Looks pretty, right? And you never really know how it looks on your nails until you try it.. And I guess it depends on skin tone too. Anyway, here's my version:





What can I say? It's a very nice taupe polish - for those who like such shades. I'm not a huge fan, but sometimes it matches my mood. No complaints about the quality, 2 coats - this time Essie did a good job. I did some stamping, but it didn't turn out good.. and I neither could shot a good photo of it because it was getting dark.. Sorry for the totally colour_balance_wise distorted picture.


By the way, can someone explain me the "coolness" of the name? Does that come from "merino wool"? 

9 Kommentare:

  1. I love colors like this! I think it looks great on you, although I have come to expect brighter colors from you :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Мне кажется, они обыграли Merino wool , как ты и пишешь.
    На нас с тобой он одинаково смотрится. Надо мне мой тоже достать, давно не красила им.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I have always wanted a taupe shade. This one is just perfect! Love your mani ^^ Thanks for your lovely comment <3 <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What an elegant colour. I definitely like the stamping. ;)
    New follower. Hope you follow back too:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What an elegant mani, I really like the placing of the stamping :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. @Anutka: I noticed that you like taupes :)Haha sometimes I do random things, like wearing taupe colours although having a general preference for light pastel shades :)

    @Miss Jones: одинаково - в плане в сиреневизну вообще не уходит? Да, я тут занялась осмыслением имен своих (и чужих) лаков :)

    @Sara.H: thank you :) Well you definitely should have at least one, just in case you ever have the mood to wear it.

    @Shang J.: thanks and welcome!

    @Jane: thanks! Yea, I tried to be creative lol

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Опа! Не узнала бы его ни за что :)
    Видимо, у меня еще "правильная" версия этого лака, я вижу откровенную сиреневость. А этот вариант больше похож на Zoya Jana

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. @Antallex: а что этих тоже две версии?? Но ведь там и должна быть сиреневость, просто мало.. На Jana и впрямь похож, даже очень очень.. Пошла твои свотчи посмотрела, там на первой фотке та же сиреневость :) Все дело в освещении, кажется.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. ritterbraten, а кто бы его знал, может и в освещении, но я в них обоих на своих руках вижу отчетливую сиреневость. Где-то помню читала, что на разных концах Земли и цвета смотрятся инча, мол, солнце другое ))

    AntwortenLöschen