18. Dezember 2011

The Taupe Times: Comparison

Proceeding with the taupe theme. I rarely do comparisons because.. I don't know why. Maybe because I believe they are of no value, as everything was already compared and cross-compared by other bloggers?.. But this time I was curious myself how the taupes I have compare to each other. And no free nail wheels : )
So, here are the guinea pigs:


And having applied all of them on the nails we have the following result:



All applied in 2 coats, moreover, by formula and quality they are pretty similar (=equally good!), except maybe China Glaze Below Deck, which is a 1-coater. OPI Parlez-Vous OPI? I just added to have some purpleness there, I wouldn't call it a taupe otherwise. And I'm glad to see I have no dupes, Manhattan and CC look very similar, but the first one is less brownish.

Which one do you like the most? Maybe you have some other taupes you like? Tell me : ) 

11 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for the great comparison!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i like the OPI and CG one .. they look great.. !!

    thanks for sharing .. i love comparisons ..

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I have Below Deck and want Parles Vous OPI?. I'm not too big on taupe and brown colours, but I adore Below Deck, it's fantastic, with its purplish hue. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I like those shades but the only taupe color that I own is from Manhattan 69F (I think it was a special collection but I don't know which)and it's a little more brownish taupe shade-I love it, specially with a layer of little golden shimmer.
    From yours I think I like the most O.P.I just because it is different

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Спасибо!! Во-первых, я обожаю сравнения, просто тащусь, во вторых, теперь мне однозначно не нужен CG!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. @CaCa: you are very welcome :)

    @Jeeya (De Frozen): my pleasure! I love them all I think ^^

    @Color Beam: me too :)

    @Ulmiel: totally agree! I'm neither a big taupe fan, but sometimes wanna wear them! CG is a winner, you are right.

    @MissDoll: yes!! I tried to layer golden shimmer over a taupe and I remember it being amazing! :)

    @Antallex: пожалста, я и сама их люблю, в твоем блоге особенно :) просто делать немного муторно))

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I absolutely ADORE below deck... one of my top five favourite shades of all time!!!! If you are a fan of lighter taupes Essie Demure Vixen is a lovely feminine twist on a taupe ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Same here! And dreaming about Demure Vixen too :) :)

      Löschen
  8. I may need to get this asap lol! Do you own OPI You Don't Know Jaques? It is my all time favorite polish and was wondering how it compared, I think this one is probably lighter? So beautiful!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) I don't have OPI You Don't Know Jacques, I don't like it because it doesn't have that purple hue like the others.. it's darker, and it's brown - not my thing :) Tastes differ, and I'm amazed how many people are in love with Jacques!!!

      Löschen